Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Imitation is the schnauzery-est form of flattery

I was in the woods the other day for a nice long walk. This was a fascinating place to be as I could smell rabbits and squirrels and birds. I could see and hear plenty of birds too but the squirrels and rabbits thought they could elude me by staying out of sight. This was a very successful strategy.

The birds thought they could elude me by flying. Also a strategy with a high success rate. 100% clearance for the birds, actually. Not that I was counting or anything.

To be fair, though, I had a couple of disadvantages against me. First of all, there were loads of other dogs out walking too as Mum thinks pack walks are going to be good for me. This meant I was distracted from my hunting what with having to bark at all of those other dogs individually and collectively. Also some wanted to bark back, so the rabbits, birds and squirrels were probably tipped off something was up with all that racket.

However, my long tailed, bob tailed and feathered friends, I will be back. Us schnauzers have a saying. If I hunt and you run away, I can hunt you another day.

However, among those other dogs I met, there were some strange ones. Huge ones, with great big paws, small ones with little barks to match and even one in fancy dress. He wanted to look just like me.

He was almost my twin. I say almost as perfecting my look takes a lifetime. Mine!

"If you think my beard is long, you should see your own ears!"

"Hey, you're not bad looking. With a little more work, you could be as nice as me!"

2 comments:

  1. Hello! My name is Oskar & I am a miniature schnauzer from Michigan.

    I have a blog that I'd love for you to check out, www.PetBlogsUnited.com. It's a great place for pet bloggers to find each other, and to get featurd!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Isaac,

    Of course other schnauzers would love to look like you.....or have fun tryin'!

    The pack walk allows us to stretch our vocal muscles as well as our legs!

    In a couple of hours I'm off on hollingdays, and I will report back on how it all goes.

    PS: My pawrents went to Ireland and travelled the Sth West extensively by themselves stayin' in B&B's and stuff. Later they joined a tour group and did the right hand side with the big cities. They have fond memories and will return one day.....I just have to work out how I can smuggle myself into their luggage!!

    Tail Wuggles, Rubie.

    ReplyDelete