Thursday, August 25, 2011

On the nose



Have you ever had a good idea that turned out to be not such a good idea when you put it into action?

Well, that is what happened to me this week. Inspiration struck and then something else struck and the upshot of it all is that I have a skinned nose that is quite stingy.

To make matters worse, Mum keeps dabbing cream on me which would be fine if I could lick it off but I can’t because it tastes awful. Also, I don’t know why she is so keen to put cream on the one place where I am sore. Rub my tummy, stroke my fur but leave the nose alone, please.

My misfortune began with a delicious aroma of basted meat and juicy gravy. I, of course followed this tempting scent to the source.

Which was a booby trap. Mum said it was an old tin can but I know better. It was a fanged monster that mauled and savaged my poor nose and disfigured my schnauzery good looks for who knows how long. I wouldn’t mind but I’ve just had my fur done.

I was lucky to get out of there alive. It grabbed on to me with its jaws of death, trying to suck me in whole, I am certain. You should have seen me pit my wits against the beast. It took all of my strength and cunning to emerge victorious.

I did not escape unscathed and have my battle scars to show for being a courageous warrior and defeating the metal brute.

I am a mighty schnauzer and I took it on the nose.



4 comments:

  1. Oh Isaac what a frightening experience. You truly are courageous to have battled such a monster. I love to follow meaty smells too - they are so hard to resist. Hope your nose is better soon love from Magic x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww ..... Isaac....... when I saw the picture I was about to "High 5" you with my paw for gettin' into some whipped cream (***yyuuummmers***). Then I read your story. Just another example of how excellent our smell glands are.. We can schnoofle out anything good!! How were you to know that metal will skin a schnauzer nose??

    I hope it's all better soon and your mum will quit with the healing lotion. Mums feels better when they can "do" something for us when we are not 100%.

    Tail Wuggles, Rubie.

    PS: I like your new "fur do" - my mum is countin' the days when she can subject me to the buzzy thing...... she says I don't look like a schnauzer anymore *gasp*.... the cheek!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh your poor nose! Please be careful next time- not everything that smells good is good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, Isaac. It sounds like you put up a good fight. Too bad about that cream though - I know from watching Oscar that it's hard for a schnauzer to keep from licking or eating just about anything. I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete